The Lung Cancer Initiative of North Carolina is currently awarding Access Grants up to $10,000 each to assist institutions in improving access to lung cancer screening, treatment, clinical trials, molecular testing or precision medicine for uninsured or underinsured individuals. Applications will be reviewed and grants will be awarded for proposals most closely aligned with the following focus areas:
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis subject to available funds. We review applications quarterly according to this schedule:
Application Received By
March 1, 2019
June 3, 2019
September 2, 2019
December 2, 2019
Decision Communicated By
March 29, 2019
June 28, 2019
September 27, 2019
December 27, 2019
The following eligibility requirements apply to the Access Grant Program:
The application packet must include the following sections and information:
Each application will be reviewed by at least three reviewers and will be considered based on the following selection criteria:
1. Impact: Will the project have a positive impact on increasing access for lung cancer patients? Will the project have a substantial impact on the priority selected? How closely does the project align with the focus areas stated in the RFA? Does the project have a sufficient and documented plan to evaluate its impact?
2. Feasibility: How likely is it that the objectives and activities will be achieved within the term of the funding? Is the project well planned? Is the budget appropriate and realistic? Does the budget justification explain in detail the reasoning and need for the costs associated with the project?
3. Capacity: Does the organization, Project Director and his/her team have the expertise and resources to effectively implement all aspects of the project? Is the organization respected and valued by the target population? Is it culturally competent?
4. Collaboration: Does this project enhance collaboration among organizations with similar or complementary goals? Are the roles of the partners appropriate and relevant? Are partner support letters included?
5. Sustainability: Is the project likely to be sustained? Are partnerships likely to be sustained the past project period? Is the impact likely to be long-term?
Learn more about the 2018 Access Grants Recipients.
Learn more about the 2017 Access Grants Recipients.
Learn more about the 2016 Access Grants Recipients.