The Lung Cancer Initiative of North Carolina is currently awarding three Access Grants up to $10,000 each to assist institutions to improve access to lung cancer screening, treatment, clinical trials, molecular testing or precision medicine for uninsured or underinsured individuals. Applications will be reviewed and Access Grants will be awarded to programs most closely meeting the focus areas outlined below.
Applications will be accepted all year until funds are depleted. We will be reviewing applications quarterly according to this schedule:
Application Received By
October 7, 2017 - December 1, 2017
March 2, 2018
June 1, 2018
September 3, 2018
December 3, 2018
Decision Communicated By
December 22, 2017
March 30, 2018
June 29, 2018
September 28, 2018
December 21, 2018
Applicants and institutions must meet the following eligibility requirements to apply:
Each Application will be reviewed by at least three reviewers and will be considered based on the following selection criteria:
1. Impact: Will the project have a positive impact on increasing access for lung cancer patients? Will the project have a substantial impact on the priority selected? How closely does the project align with the focus areas stated in the RFA? Does the project have a sufficient and documented plan to evaluate its impact?
2. Feasibility: How likely is it that the objectives and activities will be achieved within the scope of the funded project? Is the project well planned? Is the budget appropriate and realistic? Does the budget justification explain in detail the reasoning and need for the costs associated with the project?
3. Capacity: Does the organization, Project Director and his/her team have the expertise and resources to effectively implement all aspects of the project? Is the organization respected and valued by the target population? Is it culturally competent?
4. Collaboration: Does this project enhance collaboration among organizations with similar or complementary goals? Are the roles of the partners appropriate and relevant?
5. Sustainability: Is the project likely to be sustained? Are partnerships likely to be sustained past project period? Is the impact likely to be long-term?
Learn more about the 2017 Access Grants Recipients.
Learn more about the 2016 Access Grants Recipients.