The Communications & Marketing Intern will gain knowledge and experience for how nonprofits are able to use marketing to positively impact the lives of people who are affected by lung cancer in North Carolina. The intern will use various tools and platforms to communicate with our advocates. This internship is ideal for a candidate who has an interest in marketing, communications and non-profit organizations.
• Assist with the creation of communications materials--press releases, blog posts, eblasts, social media posts including Facebook and Twitter
• Help pitch LCINC story ideas and build relationships with local media
• Support LCINC social networking activities (Facebook, Twitter, blog)
• Additional administrative assistance as needed
Required and Preferred Skills:
• Must be currently enrolled in a degree program studying marketing, communications, public relations, business administration or public health with an interest in non-profits
• Proficiency with MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Detail oriented and have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to think creatively and problem solve
• Strong communication skills, including writing and presentation experience.
• Graphic design experience is beneficial
Candidates will be considered for the Spring 2018 semester.
Approximately 12-20 hours/week is expected. Schedule is flexible and will be determined at start of internship. Some nights and/or weekends may occasionally be required.
The Communications & Marketing Intern is an unpaid internship with the potential to receive academic credit. The opportunity is based in Raleigh, NC and will report to the Communications & Marketing Manager.
All qualified intern applicants will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply now by emailing your cover letter and resume to Megan Snowdowne at firstname.lastname@example.org