Virtual LUNGe Forward 5K, Run & Walk
Mark your calendar for Saturday, October 10 for a Celebration of Hope!
Due to the evolving public health risks related to COVID-19 (coronavirus), we have made the difficult decision to postpone the Charlotte LUNGe Forward 5K Run, Walk & Rally originally scheduled for March 28.
While we unfortunately cannot hold our regularly scheduled Charlotte LUNGe Forward 5K in-person, we invite you to LUNGe Forward now through June 1 to show your support virtually. We'll also look forward to seeing all participants for a Post Virtual Walk - Celebration of Hope on October 10 at McAlpine Park. See details below.
During this critical time, people diagnosed with lung cancer and their families need our support more than ever. We hope you will join us in "stepping out" to make a difference!
Registration includes participation in both the Virtual Run/Walk and the Celebration of Hope on October 10. If you are already registered for the LUNGe Forward event, there is no need to register again.
Virtual Run & Walk - Now Through June 1, 2020
- Participating is easy: Run or walk your own 5K, 1 mile or any distance in your neighborhood, on your treadmill or at your favorite park by June 1, 2020.
Take a selfie with your bib or just tell us why you are participating. Download your bib here.
Be sure to use the hashtags #CharlotteLUNGeForward #LUNGeForward
Ask your friends and family to support your efforts by donating to your page online, joining your team or posting a selfie too!
Post Virtual Walk - Celebration of Hope on Saturday, October 10, 2020, McAlpine Creek Park
Event will include:
- Family fun event with team-inspired challenges and games
- Event day shirt distribution to all pre-registered participants (registered by Sept 24, 2020)
- Survivor, Friends & Family exhibit remembering event co-chair Kelly Keesling and all those we’ve lost to lung cancer
- Stories & photos displayed of those we are remembering and honoring (please submit stories & pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kids games and crafts
- Kids dash with kid medals for all that participate
- Sponsor exhibits
- Food, & drinks
- Music, dancing, speakers
- Survivor celebration event
If you have questions or concerns please contact: Sandy at email@example.com
Together, there is so much we can do.