Join Lung Cancer Initiative (LCI) for this year’s Let’s Create Hope Annual Update & Awards Celebration on Thursday, March 3 at 5:30 p.m. This program will share all that we accomplished in the LCI community in 2021 and our goals for 2022. We will also recognize and celebrate the work of lung cancer advocates from across the state. Anyone who is interested in learning more about the LCI, meeting others interested in the cause and taking action to make a difference is encouraged to attend.
We are excited to honor those who have made a difference in the lung cancer community in 2021. Please nominate someone who has made a difference in your life or in the life of someone impacted by lung cancer. Please submit your nominations here by February 4.
2021 Award Categories:
- Survivor - This award recognizes someone who has been diagnosed with lung cancer and who has used their journey to support others as a source of inspiration and hope.
- Volunteer - This award recognizes the impact, dedication and generosity of someone who gives their time freely to support the mission of the Lung Cancer Initiative. Health fair volunteers, community presenters, grassroots event planners, interns, and other volunteers may be nominated.
- Caregiver - This award is given in recognition of the compassion and devotion of someone who takes care or has taken care of an individual diagnosed with lung cancer.
- Healthcare Professional - This award recognizes a healthcare professional that goes above and beyond in an effort to provide supportive and patient-centered care to lung cancer survivors. Primary care physicians, oncologists, nurse navigators, clinical social workers, and other healthcare professionals may be nominated.
- Committee Member - This award recognizes the time, energy, and support given by a committee member who is exceptionally dedicated to supporting the mission of the committee on which they serve. Volunteers serving on the Evening of Hope Gala committee, Golf Tournament committee, Marketing committe