Throughout the month of November, the Lung Cancer Initiative seeks to provide opportunities for lung cancer education in our community, to raise awareness and combat the stigma of lung cancer as part of the internationally recognized Lung Cancer Awareness Month 2020. Click here to read our press release on LCAM.
Governor Roy Cooper Declares
November Lung Cancer Awareness Month
Upcoming Online Events:
- Online Survivors Luncheon (November 4, on Zoom): LCI's Online Survivors Luncheons, which meet every first and third Wednesday of the month are a perfect time for us to come together and socialize while we're apart. Join us for a special LCAM luncheon on November 4. All lung cancer survivors are welcome to join. To register, click here.
- Triad LUNGe Forward 5K Run, Walk, & Celebration (November 14, Online): What better way to raise awareness of lung cancer than by coming together while we're apart to increase awareness while raising funds to fuel lung cancer research, education and access to care? Join our celebration of hope and remembrance livestream on Facebook at 9:30 a.m. on November 14. To register, click here.
- Community Education Series - Wake Forest Baptist (November 17, Online): Join us for a special Lung Cancer Awareness Month community education event in partnership with the Wake Forest Baptist Comprehensive Cancer Center where experts will give the latest in lung cancer. To register, click here.
- Share Your Story of how lung cancer has affected you or a loved one on your social media to help bring awareness to this disease. We also encourage you to share your story with your local newspaper, TV, or radio station, and tag us in your post!
Wear a White Ribbon & Order Other Accessories to Raise Awareness - Raise awareness of lung cancer this November by ordering a white ribbon and other LCAM swag and educational items! Click here to order your ribbons, pens, clinical trial rack cards, screening risks assessment tools, and more!
View Our Engagement Calendar for Ideas on
How to Make a Difference Throughout the Month
Click here to download our interactive calendar, where each day
links you to a way to stay involved.
Support & Shop
- Make a Gift: You can fund critical lung cancer research and access programs right here in North Carolina. Your financial support helps to fuel Lung Cancer Initiative's mission to save lives and provide support to those affected by lung cancer through research, education, awareness and access programs across the state. Donate online.
Taking advantage of Black Friday Deals on Amazon?Consider shopping through Amazon Smile and the Lung Cancer Initiative receives 0.5% back on qualifying purchases!
Buy Your Holiday Gifts Directly from Lung Cancer Initiative.
You can purchase anything from sweatshirts to coffee mugs and more. Check out our store for ideas.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
LCI is a partner in the The Lung Cancer Awareness Month Coalition, a group of leading international research and advocacy organizations that partner each November in an effort to improve outcomes for lung cancer patients across the world. The Coalition seeks to educate patients and physicians about effective risk reduction and treatment options, while inspiring hope and achieving better results for patients in the process. Most of all, the Coalition strives to debunk the unfair assumptions and stigma associated with lung cancer by better educating the public on the disease and its causes.