Patient Emergency Fund
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and other emergencies associated with a lung cancer diagnosis, Lung Cancer Initiative (LCI) is offering the Patient Emergency Fund to provide financial support for lung cancer patients to help with healthy food costs, transportation and other non-medical expenses during uncertain times. In 2020, LCI distributed a total of $20,000 among 80 lung cancer survivors across North Carolina.
Directions to Apply
- All questions must be answered in order to be considered for fulfillment.
- Applications must have a signature from the healthcare facility. The patient’s signature is optional, as we are aware many lung cancer patients are rescheduling in-person appointments and not able to physically sign.
- One Healthcare Facility Contact may refer up to three patients in need.
- Applications will be accepted until June 11, 2021 and decisions will be communicated by July 2, 2021. All mailed applications postmarked by June 11, 2021 will be considered.
- After the application is processed and approved, a check for $200 will be mailed to the patient’s address. Colleen will email the healthcare provider to notify when the check has been mailed.
- Applicants must be a resident of North Carolina.
- Applicants must currently be in treatment for lung cancer.
- Please submit applications by email, mail, or fax, utilizing the contact information found on page 1 of the application.
- LCI has budgeted to provide stipends to 50 patients across North Carolina. If more than 50 applications are received, priority will be given to patients living in the most distressed counties as indicated by NC Commerce’s County Distress Rankings and the patient’s demonstrated need.
To download the application, click here. If you have any questions about this program, email LCI's Engagement Coordinator Colleen Christensen at CChristensen@LungCancerInitiativeNC.org.